Saturday, May 3, 2008

A. questions 5

I think that the quote "But always remember this Anneke. There are no walls, there are no bolts, no locks that anyone can put on your mind." I think before this quote Mr. Frank is trying to say is that they are now caged and have to live in a new environment but in this quote he is trying to say that no one can control her future and what she desires, which means there is still hope for her and that she can make her dream come true once the holocaust is over. And after he says that Mr. Frank talks about studying and educating her so her chances of her dream could be high. I think that this statement is not always true there could be times when your parents control your future and want what you don't want. But in Anne's situation I think she has the power to do what she wants because she has such a stubborn personality.

4 comments:

AlvinY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AlvinY said...

Nice job!!!!
I think this quote is fantastic. This can be the theme of this play. I think Mr. Frank tried to give her a hope that someone can kill you and become poor. But there are no one can change our own minds. It can be our spirit.

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything, except where you said no one can control her future. This could happen sometimes, but not always. For example, if the Nazis kill Anne and she tries to live, won't that be controlling her future? Depending on whether the Nazis let her go or kill her, her future is up to the Nazis, not herself. Everything else is good.

Vincent Bang said...

For Anne, I believe her stubborn personality is actually a positive thing about her. As long as her judgements and her choices stay clear. I disagree that anyone can control their mind the way they want. I believe it is either us wanting our mind to be in that way or not. It is whether we commit ourselves to our desired purpose. I believe that we can achieve freedom through Christ, not by the world's politics and its deformed ways.